Home Technical Talk

3dsm 2009 push modifier crashing

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
5aqmb7.gif

3dsm crashes whenever I want to use the push modifier, resetting xforms doesn't work. Ideas? :shifty:

Replies

• sampson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
    generic answer - reinstall max?
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    Don't know...reinstall...could be an Graphic Driver Issue...I had the same problem on one mashine once (2008), but couldn't resolve it...I used 'Shell' as a workaround :D
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What version of max? Have you installed the latest service packs? Not like they do much good but still...
    Have you tried merging it into a new scene?
    Does that happen on a newly created object like a box or just this one?
    Have you created a new object, applied edit poly and attached this mesh to it?
    If you're on 64bit have you tried it in 32?

I think sampson might be onto something... maybe its time for a reinstall...
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Vig wrote: »
    What version of max? Have you installed the latest service packs? Not like they do much good but still...
    Have you tried merging it into a new scene?
    Does that happen on a newly created object like a box or just this one?
    Have you created a new object, applied edit poly and attached this mesh to it?
    If you're on 64bit have you tried it in 32?

I think sampson might be onto something... maybe its time for a reinstall...

- Max 2009
    - Yup, still crashes
    - Did a reset, made a primitive, still crashes
    - Running on 32

Guess it's time to re-install then I guess. Urgh, need to scrape all those plugins back together again.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It should leave all the custom content behind when you uninstall. You might want to move it all out of the 3dsmax folder and try push with a clean install?