Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My best 2 level designs over the years

Hey guys

I only recently came to Polycount so I never really posted anything before, so I thought I might as well show 2 maps I'm really the most proud of. Tell me what you think!

They're the second and third one on the site

http://www.kevindesmet.com/

Replies

• Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the excavator the best as well.. The design looks like you did a good job balancing a realistic machine vs a playable level. IMO some more dramatic lighting and a cool environment map vs the flat fog could really make it great. Using darker ambient light, with a lot more industrial floodlights to create bright and dark patches would make it feel downright spooky :)
  • Rurouni Strife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rurouni Strife polycounter lvl 10
    I like the design of the Excavator, but I actually like the Fawlty Tower as a whole better. The Excavator's design is pretty nice and many of the textures look fine and dandy, but other parts have extreme texture stretching on it. And I think that map personally doesn't do it for me (with outplaying on it).

Fawlty Tower's exterior was really nice I think. Inside could be great too if you fix the shadow problems. I haven't played in Source yet but I know that the latest builds have some really powerful lighting so that could help your level.

Great work though overall.