Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Off to an amazing first, great job!
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Basic, but an impressive start. The technical execution is solid, it's just a bit plain in its appearance. I would like to see a a little more variety in the texture. Maybe a tattoo of some sort? Or maybe he just needs an axe. An executioner needs something to execute with. Hand that boy an axe and you can call it done.

Hmmmm...I'm thinking I'd also like to see something holding his pants up. As it stands, I can't see any reason for his pants to stay up. Even just a length of rope tied around his waist would be acceptable.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The technical execution is solid,

Disagree.

The the topo on the pants seems really messy, is that just because its converted to tris or what? I'm assuming you kept it quads before you dropped it into zbrush, or you did the low poly after zbrush work was all done...
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Disagree.

The the topo on the pants seems really messy, is that just because its converted to tris or what? I'm assuming you kept it quads before you dropped it into zbrush, or you did the low poly after zbrush work was all done...

Looks like he used the optimization feature in 3ds max.
  • Chornohus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha yes it was all in perfect quads, when converting it to lowpoly I was rushed with a due date and used the poly reduction in Softimage rather than retopo in topogun
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chornohus wrote: »
    haha yes it was all in perfect quads, when converting it to lowpoly I was rushed with a due date and used the poly reduction in Softimage rather than retopo in topogun

Well it probably doesn't matter unless it actually interferes with the purpose it was used for.