Home General Discussion

3d <male & female> head topolgy ...

wusup ? what is the main differences between a female 3d head and a male 3d head , why female 3d heads are harder to make ?

i didn't find any tutorial/document talking about that ..

please help , thanks ....

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    http://www.cglearning.com/category/3dsmax/page/4/

Here are few tutorials of making male and female.

The difference is, Male head and lips are bit slimer and wider than female lips. It has few scars and the jaw is wider. Also the forehead is wider.

Female head is a little slimmer, and jaw is almost V shaped and slimmer.

Based on my observation.

See if this website helps you out.
  • Gurlokovich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so does that mean in your opinion that we can move the vertices of a male 3d head to get a female 3d head ?
    i started tweaking my male head but i wasn't so satisfied .
  • Gurlokovich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    after re-trying , i can see it's more possible , ok , i have a head similar to this

873410.jpg
    i will transform it into this and tell you ..
    nancy-ajram-aljremh-com%20%2810%29.jpg

i will do this after finishing something i'm working on .. and post then the result ...

PS : i think Gurlo is a nice nickname XD ...
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As you can see the girl's face is a bit rounded, with V shaped jaw.

Anyways since we have this settled. I see you are using Softimage XSI Gurlo. Can you tell me if the edge modeling is allowed in it?

I tried with the default settings and it is a pain, DT tutorials that I have been learning from stated that you can actually duplicate the polygon or the edge. Switching from 3ds max, Edge modeling have been user friendly to me so far and I would like to know if its possible.

I can try to create hotkeys for edge extrusion, or you can just duplicate the edge and weld it to another.

Or you use box modeling. =\
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but duplicating an edge or polygon (Ctrl D) and moving it (possibly with the pivot set to Local) is probably the fastest way of extruding in Softimage. That, combined with the add poly tool (N) (it's Max's Bridge and Create tools in one), make edge modelling pretty straightforward as far as I can tell.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I remember someone posting a link to a site that compared female proportions to male proportions, was insightful. Can't find it now though. Anyone else recall this?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @OT: Ya, according to the previous attempt in the softimage edge modeling was possible. You just got to get used to the hot keys (using Local pivot) The problem was, bridging and welding..=\

I guess I'll try it out and post again if I have any problems.