Home Technical Talk

Merging points

I tried searching for this here and google, but couldn't find so much concerning this.

Simple question, how do I merge two points within the same mesh/model using XSI softimage 6?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I use 'M' to activate the tweak component tool, then 'L' to toggle it into welding mode.

Alternatively from F1 (searched 'welding'):
    • You can weld pairs of points interactively while using the Weld Point tool.
    • Alternatively, you can weld pairs of points interactively by pressing Alt while using the Move Point tool.
    • You can also weld multiple selected points either to targets or to their average position using a menu command.
    • As an alternative to welding large numbers of points, you can filter points by distance (see Filter Points').
    • The Tweak Component tool also supports welding.

To weld two points interactively using the Weld Points tool
    1. Choose Modify > Poly. Mesh > Weld Point Tool.
    2. Click and drag a point. As you move the mouse pointer, the point snaps to points within the region.

To weld two points interactively using the Move Point tool
    1. Activate the Move Point tool (choose Modify > Component > Move Point Tool from the Model toolbar).
    2. Press and hold Alt, then start moving a point. The point snaps to other points as you move it.
    3. When the point you are moving snaps to the desired target point, release the mouse button. The welded vertex is created at the target point’s position.

To weld selected points to targets or to their average position
    1. Select the points to weld.
    2. Choose Modify > Poly. Mesh > Weld Points to Target/Average from the Model toolbar.
    3. Pick a target vertex or vertex cluster:
  • TZer0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much!