Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TF2 contest idea

I wont have time to do this but I thought it would be funny to do this concept i did

tucjfakdp.jpg

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    You seriously don't have the time to model an ipad? You must be pretty damn busy.
  • thomasmahler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasmahler polycounter lvl 14
    It's a goddamn beveled rectangle.
  • 16bit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    16bit polycounter lvl 13
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here we have four posts by new members, and almost all of them excell at some form of irritating behaviour.

16bit:u lol'd? Useless posts are somewhat frowned upon, unless they're actually amusing. I'd criticise your spelling/grammar, but your post is made up out of seven characters.

Thomasmahler and Shadowforce:
    Pooping out a quick copy-paste of two images tends to be a lot quicker than designing and creating 3 game-ready assets that fit an existing art style.

tuckerhcool: This would've been useful in the TF2 hats thread, but certainly doesn't warrant a thread of its own. Here's that other thread: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69164&page=25
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    ya i was kinda worried this contest would mad flood the boards with new members that will be here just for the duration of the contest, annoy the regulars during that time, then vanish the instant the contest is over. Maybe if we are lucky we will get a small hand full of useful lifeforms out of this. Tho i don't like too much competition for my reputation of being a cranky prick
  • Snipergen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a goddamn beveled rectangle.

No it's stylish apple design :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll try and point out why this is a stupid idea.

1) It creates a lot of legal issues for Valve.
    2) It's really not all that creative of an idea.
    3) It doesn't fit the era or the character. First off you choose the Red team, farming, mining, red necks. 2nd the engineer is a DIY kind of guy and most engineers would probably say they use PC's instead of Mac. He would easily sacrifice usability for utility, meaning he's more likely to use a ipad to level out his sentry than use it come come up with new ideas.

You could take care of 1, 2 & 3 by coming up with a design that fits the era and the character.

Now you're response is probably hey dude it was a joke I wasn't going to really make it it, chill. Then Mighty and Mojokey right and you successfully wasted not only your time but ours as well... awesome.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my fears are coming true. God dammit don't let PC turn into GA.net...
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    Vig wrote: »
    I'll try and point out why this is a stupid idea.

1) It creates a lot of legal issues for Valve.
    2) It's really not all that creative of an idea.
    3) It doesn't fit the era or the character. First off you choose the Red team, farming, mining, red necks. 2nd the engineer is a DIY kind of guy and most engineers would probably say they use PC's instead of Mac. He would easily sacrifice usability for utility, meaning he's more likely to use a ipad to level out his sentry than use it come come up with new ideas.

You could take care of 1, 2 & 3 by coming up with a design that fits the era and the character.

Now you're response is probably hey dude it was a joke I wasn't going to really make it it, chill. Then Mighty and Mojokey right and you successfully wasted not only your time but ours as well... awesome.

Not to mention it's in the wrong thread... and it's a PnP thread that is already stated it wont be taken any further from the state it's in now... aka... worthless forum fodder.
  • tuckerhcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, sorry about creating a new thread I didn't realize there was a thread already set up for tf2 art. As for the concept it was just an idea that I thought would be humorus, appairently I was wrong. I don't have time to create this model because I Have freelance projects right now along with 3 weeks left until I graduate from college. I love how polycount is such a inviting community...
  • madmuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    madmuffin polycounter lvl 7
    Yea, sorry for not using the search feature or reading the front page before posting. As for the concept it was something I came up with in a few seconds and didn't really put any effort into. I don't have time to bevel a rectangle because I haven't got a second to spare with all my other pressing projects due in three weeks, even though I have time to come here and post about my ipad idea. I love how passive aggressively offended I get when you point out all my mistakes and flaws.

Fixed. Kinda to the extreme though.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    madmuffin wrote: »
    Fixed. Kinda to the extreme though.
    y2w8.jpg
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    maybe we need a junk sub forum, somewhere to move all the going-nowhere threads....could be mucked out weekly and give the kids a place to play ;-)

could even have some stickies with the best worst forums....

id hang out there for a pound
  • sneakymcfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO wrote: »
    maybe we need a junk sub forum, somewhere to move all the going-nowhere threads....could be mucked out weekly and give the kids a place to play ;-)

could even have some stickies with the best worst forums....

id hang out there for a pound

Would it not be easier to create a special sub forum specially for these people to hang out in, maybe just have some sort of IQ test to gain entrance to the rest, I would say having to reach a certain amount of posts but zacd proved you can do that without really doing that much. Alternatively we could just redirect everyone who is linked from the TF2 blog to say... game artisans, though I fear it's already to late.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    We could just let polycount do what it does best and rip the noobs to shreds... the artists who can take crits and want to improve will stay and the lame weiners will run away.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    doesnt always work...some of these noobs have thick skin...or thick something and just dont get the hint ;-)

i know I still am one
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    *or* you could not reply to the thread and let it die.

Topical idea, but not fitting to TF2.
  • 16bit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    16bit polycounter lvl 13
    MightyPea wrote: »
    16bit:u lol'd? Useless posts are somewhat frowned upon, unless they're actually amusing. I'd criticise your spelling/grammar, but your post is made up out of seven characters.

Sorry, I didn't know. I joined 2 months ago, and I don't quite know the forum that well yet.