Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help! HazMat Man Silhouette Needs Work

Hey guys, I'm working on a hazmat man as a side project, and I could use some help. I'd really like to improve this guy's silhouette before adding a bunch of gear. I figure if the base character looks good before gear, adding gear later is added sweetness. I started this guy a long time ago and I'm just dusting him off from the shelf, but I've grown too attached to him to see what his biggest issues are.

My first thought is something needs to be done with his body type. His sides are practically vertical. I'm not too keen on making him a fat guy - of all the reference pictures I've seen, I've not seem one fat hazmat guy. Theyre all of average or athletic build, which coupled with the naturally baggy hazmat suit design, it's really hard to find the form underneath.

Please tear him apart!! Brutal, honest, truth. Anything goes, no holds barred. I need to separate myself from it as much as possible.

I realize the suit is just subdivided in ZBrush - I want to give a basic silhouette deformation before going nuts with the wrinkles in zbrush.

Without stuff:
gearOffHazMat.jpg

Stuff planned to have on him:
gearOnHazMat.jpg

Thanks guys!
Ben