Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[UDK Indie] Medieval Fantasy Game Looking for 3D Artists

Greetings to the polycount community! My team is looking for environment & character artists interested in contributing to our current project. If interested, PM me with a brief summary of your experience as well as examples of your best work.

WHO AM I?
I am Jamie Galimberti, an architect living in Michigan, USA. I have Unreal Engine experience dating to UT99 covering all aspects of game development, although my primary focus is currently programming. I am also a current UDK licensee.
pcAd1.jpg

WHAT IS OUR PROJECT?
Our current endeavor is Archasis (UDK), the 7-year culmination of two Unreal Tournament modifications authored by myself – Archasis: Battle for Durian (UT2004) and Archasis II (UT3). It is a medieval fantasy game, but that is just the tip of the iceberg.
pcAd2.jpg

WHAT MAKES OUR PROJECT UNIQUE?
Archasis resonates with a variety of game genres in an attempt to offer a familiar but distinctive gaming experience. More specifically, it incorporates two differentiated phases of play that provide a balance between cerebral processing and endorphin-releasing action. Phase One combines components of a typical RPG with those of tactical strategy games like Syndicate (a cool 1993 DOS game). The player invests money and time (accumulated as research points) into categories of research in order to unlock character classes, weapons, armor, skills, and supplies. The player uses this phase to equip their characters for battle, distribute skill points and attribute points, and hire mercenaries (if needed) for missions. Phase Two focuses on action and involves missions themselves. The player embodies one of their characters in order to finish a specific quest. The missions are made up of any number or type of objective imaginable and are the player’s source of experience points, gold, and research points. No character development occurs within a mission, so there are no RPG-related interruptions in Phase Two gameplay. Ranged weapons operate in first person while melee is in third person, and the player actually needs to aim while using weapons. Characters skills are generally action-based in a similar manner to the Diablo series: performings moves, casting spells, and augmenting abilities. There’s no limit on enemies, so gameplay can be action-packed and intense.
pcAd3.jpg

HOW DO I KNOW OUR PROJECT WILL SUCCEED?
Archasis has a proven track record. Archasis II has won numerous awards in the latest MSUC, including 2nd Place Best Non-FPS mod (Phase 4), 4th Place Best Non-FPS mod (Phase 3), Finalist Best Art In a Game (Phase 4), and Honorable Mention Best Level For A Mod (Phase 4). Even in its infancy, Archasis: Battle for Durian was a finalist in Phase 4 of the original UE2 Make Something Unreal Contest (the one sponsored by NVIDIA). The team has put in way too much effort to give up now!
pcAd4.jpg

WHAT KIND OF HELP ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As stated earlier, the team is most in need of 3d artists. More specifically, We are looking for character artists that are experienced in high-poly sculpting and environment artists capable of providing quality next-gen assets for our level designers. Of course, We will not turn down the help of anyone very talented in any other area of game development.
pcAd5.jpg

If there are any other questions, feel free to ask!

http://www.archasis.com
http://www.moddb.com/games/archasis