Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Interactive and Dynamic Vegetation for the UDK

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
feanix polycounter lvl 7
This is a project I did as part of my final year at university. This is a project I did as part of my final year at university. It features an animated giant carnivorous plant, sunflowers that use vertex shaders to simulate physics (but without the physics overhead!) and an oak tree which cycles through the seasons.

Linky!

Replies

• AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    is this a project you did as part of your final year at university?

The sunflowers look good to me :D only crit with those would be the stems are very.. vertical.. would sell them a bit better if a few were leaning a bit.

The carnivorous plants are cool looking until the animation runs.. They could use a lot more snap.. maybe have them lunge a bit at the player as well? They are monstrous, no reason they shouldnt be chomping at the bit to get at some food :P

And your animation of the oak tree has some very unflattering shots that could be fixed just by rotating a few of those leaf planes to face the viewer.. most of the close up shot is looking directly at the edge of a few planes. Or even just grabbin another shot from a different angle.

Overall they look pretty good though, nice work! Just some minor crits :P
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    wow ilove the sunflowers
    and the trees at the end ^^
    very nice touch
  • feanix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feanix polycounter lvl 7
  • MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    My only crit is on the video itself...when the Sunflower message pops up...I can't read it fast enough, lol...but then on the Oak Tree message it seems to be there for too long cuz it's such a short message.

Anyways...really like the work and I really liked the tree at the end, it was pretty awesome!
  • feanix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feanix polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, I'm pretty terrible at the video editing thing! :P

Glad you liked the stuff tho!