Home Technical Talk

reassigning neutral moprh target

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
I have a head with a bunch of morph targets on it in 3dsmax which is fine . The problem is I lost the neutral tweaked pose where the head is a lot better looking/thinner and the eyes are further up the head.

I want to combine the two get the updated head and keep the original morph targets intact.
The tweaked head is a separate mesh and its the same vert order as the other morphs.

I tried just adding the new head as a morph target, bu then the morphs just change back . I want a kind of blended additive morph if that makes sense

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Add another Morpher modifier on top with just that "fixer" as a target?
    Been a while since I've done morphs in Max, there might be a better way, but that should work.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah if you another morpher on top it ignores the ones in the stack below. i have just managed to do it actually but not sure how I did it.
    i will get back when I figure it out:)

ok I had to reconstruct the original neutral shape, by using one of the morph targets that was almost neutral.(lips tight shut in this case)

I then cloned this mesh and collapsed the modifier. I then copied and pasted the original morpher modifier on to the copied mesh and added the 'fixed' mesh as a morph target.
    this seemed to produce and additive blend.
    some of the mouth verts move a little, but it works . just gotta tidy it up now.

doh, hate using my brain and there is probably some easier fix here