Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monster Dice Theatre - Fresh on the AppStore!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Mezz polycounter lvl 8
Evening, ladies and gentlemen!!

I am proud and delighted to announce the release of my first game, out now for the iPhone and the iPod Touch!

As the title says, the name of the game is Monster Dice Theatre, and I created all the artwork and animations for this game. It was a long and interesting process, but I'm very glad I did it!

Our small team poured a lot of time and soul into this happy little game, and it would make us very delighted if anyone out there with either an iPhone or iPod Touch (or even one of those crazy iPads!) would check it out! You can view our website at www.monsterdicetheatre.com.

Thanks for taking the time to look!!

Replies

• ru4it
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ru4it polygon
    congrats on the release.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    good work hope it sells well :)
  • JonathanF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonathanF polycounter lvl 13
    NICE WORK! great art style. maybe if you decide to come out with a part 2 of this. you can have a power dice that comes up once in a while that clears the screen of all monsters. Like the special dice flashes like the star in mario. I think elements like that and more that can be thought of, add to a game like this so its not the same thing over and over again... this does have a good challenge of hand and eye coordination it looks like. cool concept. Look forward to seeing more come out of you in the future. :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks a lot everyone!! :) We're really excited about the release, and praying that the Apple community is good to us and we can make some good sales!

JonathanF - Thanks a lot! If it sells really well, there may indeed by a part 2 someday! The idea that you're mentioning--there actaully is something like that in the game. We have various power-ups that you may get for killing each of the monsters. The orangey-red guy gets you a bomb power-up, which clears the screen of all monsters and all tomoatoes. Glad we're on the same page!

If this game is indeed the success we hope it will be, then there will definitely be more from us in the future! Thanks again everyone for the support! :)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    congrats on the release!

do you plan to add anything to this game? background seems a little static right now, could do with some more destruction and action. Also from the website, it's not entirely clear what the game is about, the video only clarifies that you are throwing dice at sliding panels, which sometimes throw fruit at you. Beyond that I am none the wiser even though I watched the video.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    gratz mezz ^^

looks like it was a fun project to work on, hope it does well too.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks Nizza_waaarg!

hawken - Thank you! We're not sure how much we will add to updates, it mostly depends on how sales go at this point. We would love to have a good reason to add content :)
    I like your suggestions on more action in the background. I will keep this in mind when we decide what would go into our updates (if we hopefully reach that point!) However, I'm not sure what we could add to the website to clear things up more. It's a fairly simple game; we were just trying to give an idea of the main gameplay in the video.

We currently have a thread going in TouchArcade, and I am pleased to say it has some very positive reviews! (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=55071)
  • Rens