Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Replies

• PredatorGSR
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    First of all, I would really recommend against using promotional images from Gears of War as your header image. That just strikes me as very sleazy and gives the impression that you are trying to pass off work that isn't your own.

Same goes for your "Unreal Level Design" section. There isn't much going on there in terms of level design, you basically just arranged assets from professional sources. While you did note that underneath the image, I didn't actually notice until the 3rd image, and your contributions to the scene were negligible. Again, it gives the impression that you are trying to give a false impression of your skills by using other peoples work.

The portfolio other than that seems pretty decent. I would recommend focusing your work and headlines more towards environment art as it seems that is what the majority of your work is. It almost seems like you've just posted each one of your class assignments with the title of the class, which I don't know if is necessarily the best idea.

I would recommend showing your work inside of marmoset or an engine, because the lighting seems pretty bland right now from just viewport screengrabs.
  • Mazvix
    I agree with what Predator said. The Level design stuff looks exactly like that Eat 3D DvD that Hourences has made...People need to understand that it takes time to land a gig, especially right after school. Nothing is what it seems when you are in school vs the real world.
  • Kewop Decam
    Offline / Send Message
    Kewop Decam polycounter lvl 9
    Maybe I'm an idiot, but what is a "clubbed map".

I read it and went "does he mean cube map? He can't mean cube because there is no cube map and he can't be that horrible of a speller..."
  • PredatorGSR
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    I was actually going to post that too, but I forgot. Never heard that term, and google doesn't return any results on it either. He seems to be referring to a unique uv layout in 0-1 space...
  • Rwolf
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    There is a Subaru Wheel on your Nissan.... And the model looks like a rush job. I would certianly omit that from you final work. If you don't have a passion for car's please don't model them. If you do, by all means hone your skill, but car models don't usualy give you extra checkmarks in your skillset.

Your have a good aligator zbrush model, but somehow you lost all that in transition to your lower poly viewport model, everything looks flat and bland in comparision. Should R&D way of getting that same amount of detail in your low poly version.
  • hypnoticshark