Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AH-64 Apache Helicopter (first post)

IsparticusI
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
IsparticusI polycounter lvl 8
hey everyone, my name is Mike, and this is my first post on polycount. I just recently got done doing a high poly of an Apache Helicopter. I'm a soon to be graduate so please and comments or critiques would really help me out, thanks and hope ya enjoy!
4609559838_6e64ebc613_o.jpg

4609559738_bb67fb3028_o.jpg

4608952121_0cd9786fe8_o.jpg

4609559926_7e9d39b315_o.jpg

Replies

• Jet_Pilot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    Welcome!
    Well the high poly looks decent. I think the Hydra 70 missiles could be flushed out a little more.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hydra_70_03.jpg

It looks like your inconsistent with your rivets. If your going to do them, then put them everywhere they are. use this http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/advanced-painter to place them, it will be 500% faster than placing them one by one by hand

I'm not sure how your going to be showing this off to people but i would suggest larger renders instead of only zooming in on sections.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Nice detail but what's going on with the front side glasses? They seem to be bent in an unusual way. Maybe some pinching to fix?

I also agree Jet_Pilot about the images. Nice big images would do better.
  • IsparticusI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IsparticusI polycounter lvl 8
    Jet Pilot- thanks for the references and feedback. I see what your talkin about with the missle tubes. il bevel those out, and as im lookin back at it now, in order to actually fit the missles, the tubes that they sit in, or way to small, so thanks for pointing that out.

Emar- agreed! there is def. pinching in the front seat of the cockpit window. il work on that, thanx!

and il def render these out at a higher res. to showcase everything at a better quality
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    The model is cool, and im not familiar enough with apaches to give some negative crit or any tips to improve. But are you going to be making a LP version of this?