Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Finshed 2nd year, Inn Render

proximity
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
proximity polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys hows it going, i stand around polycount pretty much everyday watching people post amazing work. I get such a strange mix of inspiration and disheartment at the same time lol.

Im currently at university in the uk, just finished my second year and thought i would post a piece of work that i am fairly proud of.

Please feel free to give me crit and feedback as id like to improve this piece more, probably about 28 hours work at the moment

hdrender1.jpg
And here is the wire frame
inndetails.jpg

Replies

• proximity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    proximity polycounter lvl 9
    i should also probably add that the concept isnt mine, it is taken from a warhammer concept shown here

L.jpg
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    It looks great dude ;)
    You made a great work in the textures and the model seems really optimized, this one would go great in an udk scene in the middle of the forest
  • kdm3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking good:) I wish I had that good of work my second year in school.

My only crits are:

1. there is a bit of texture streching on the top of the wood beam above the bay window.

2. The bricks on the chimney look funny how they "end" on the edges. I know its tiling, but it gives away its CGness.

3. The plants look uniformly placed around the edges. Try grouping them in strategic "pockets" of detail. like "where did the landscaper miss with the weedwacker" in corners or on the outside corners.

All in all a great piece though, you are right in something to be proud of!

Edit: A few other things I noticed, the bump on the door and stucco seems reall blown out, might want to tone that down a bit.

The shingles are penetrating through the trim in the roof valley.

And pay attention to the connection where the butress meets the building, seems kinda like its just placed there. Some kind of solid connection would do it justice...