• Fink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fink polycounter lvl 8
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Awesome concept, but the overall shape and silloute of your model barely matches the concept.

Your model has huge hips, tiny shoulders.
    The concept has tiny hips, broad shoulders.

Why didn't you put a guys head in there?
  • Fink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fink polycounter lvl 8
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i would definately stick with the concept, thats a very valuable skill to have.
  • doeseph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doeseph polycounter lvl 7
    The model looks very different from the concept. That's unfortunate because the concept is very good and translates the Terran Republics style very well. And despite your model being 17k tris, it feels low poly. Believe it or not when I first saw the model I thought it was done for an RTS. That could have a lot to do with your texture which isn't helping much in my opinion, looks too rusted and a bit boring because of it, nothing really "pops" right now.

I'm a huge Planet Side fan though, so just knowing that concept art exists for PS2 gets me all excited.
  • wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    Who did that concept do you know?

and yeah, like everyone's saying. Being able to truly represent a concept with out having to deviate from it so much is a great skill to have. Companies really appreciate that kind of skill
  • Chclve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As many others have said, try coming closer to the concept. Also your texture looks bland an low res. It feels like everything have the same color and saturation.
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fink, the one big thing I'm noticing that I don't think has been said explicitly is I think you should beef up the backpack/shoulder girdle area and the triceps. I would also consider making things a bit more rounded as per the conceptual drawing. I saw this concept about a week ago at a certain Belgian's pad, and I don't envy you modeling this. The concept is pretty hard to decipher what goes where exactly, and an exploded view of the drawing would go miles to making the design easier to read.

Beyond that, you're putting out good work, so keep hacking at it.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    In addition to what others have said, I'd suggest putting some of the paint back on the surface of the armour. It doesn't look so much beaten up as almost entirely stripped, ready for a new paintjob.