Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Vampire

P.Alexandru
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
P.Alexandru polycounter lvl 11
First of all I want to say hello! this is my first post on polycount. Few days ago I start working on a Vampire bust for a school project, but I think something is not alright, so any tips are very appriciated, as well as c&c. :)

pic1k.png

pic2dt.png

pic3jo.png

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are a lot of anatomical problems in the face...such as:

recessed forehead
    smashed in nose
    very slanted eyes
    mouth seems a little small (maybe)
    cheek bones cave in too much

I would suggest working more off reference if you aren't to get a lot of these things right.
  • marlfox8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well... arent vampires suppost to be skinny with small mouths and stuff? anyways the nostrils seem to bee little holes just drilled into the model. More shape!!
  • JonathanF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonathanF polycounter lvl 13
    good details on the skin. I would say it kinda looks like you didn't start off on forming the low poly first and gradually tweaking on each division level but instead you went right into the high poly modeling. The problem with this, is that you have little control over the form of your character/object. Really work your low levels of the mesh and make sure you get the initial facial look you need to get to make this look correct... But I'm not sure if thats what you did, it just looks like it, it looks forced IMO.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seems more wolfmanish, although the others pointed out some anatomy problems, i'm finding it hard to tell whats right or wrong with those materials, could be my screen...
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man, here's some crits:
    From the front view:
    mouth wider
    nose less blobby (define the nostrils more)
    Make sure you have the eyes wrapping around (the eyeball is a sphere even on a monster like this, so the eyes are def. not wrapping around a sphere properly atm).
    pull the eyes down slightly, and pull the mouth and nose up, then make the chine more predominant.
    the neck should be longer and the sterno-mastoid muscles more defined.
    The traps could be smoother
    The shoulders much lower

From the side:
    Try pulling a lot of the features back, as much as you can get away with.
    Make sure you have a very defined and think eyelid as this will make your character a lot more realistic.
    Pull the nose out, and slant the chin back. The checkbones should also be pulled back.
    The corners of the mouth should really be about where the back corner of the eyes are.
    The entire cranial mass should be much much larger. From the top view the back part of the skull is much wider and it tapers in towards the face.
    The jaw should be pull much further back, once the cranium is increased in size.
    I suggest you get some reference for the ears then just add a slight point to them.

Just as a note, when making a character like this you should strive for a very realistic human. Giving him subtle "Vampire" qualities will clearly make him look like a vampire.
    I know its probably early on in the sculpt, but hopefully this will give you something to think about.
    Good luck man!
  • P.Alexandru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for advices were very helpful!:) I forgot to mention in my first post this is not a classic vampire, is a combination between a vampire and a werewolf. As achillesian says is a kind of wolfmanish. I wanted to create something a bit more special. Here is what I got:

pic4r.png

pic5zy.png

pic6i.png
  • littlephoenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pretty cool work, the ear might need a little work, looks to rounded and unnatural, over all great work
  • P.Alexandru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe thanks! and yes, you are right I didn't pay enough attention to ears. I work a bit to improve them and here is what I got:

50419176.png

pic7f.png

pic8y.png

any tips are very appriciated, as well as c&c:)
  • Torrrtilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking better, I would work out how the hair is flowing. Also I would have that band around the head as a separate piece otherwise you will spend a lot of time fighting the edge of it with the form of the head.