• lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lizzzzz polycounter lvl 10
    AntiquePhoneModelSheetX.jpgwooooo *goes to sleep*
  • sneakymcfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really great, Can't see anything to criticise so far.
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not really sure where I'm going with this.... more of a study. I'm thinking i might make her a punk rock girl. I'll have to change her hair. zbrushSculpt02.jpg
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh and here is a close up of the face!
    zbrushSculpt02_face.jpg
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    posed her out, and beginning to work on some clothes... these textures are just temp shaders
    girlygirl_preview.jpg
  • Bobby.vdlaak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Lizzzz,
    I saw the antique phone you where working on. It looks amazing!
    I was just working on something similar, and I was wondering, did you use zBrush for all the details, or did you make everything in Maya?
    :)
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Things look to be coming along pretty well. Keep it up! :D
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bobby.vdlaak: Modeled that whole thing in Maya :) I don't think i could sculpt that fine of detail in zbrush... though i don't doubt someone else could.
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the girl model... I'm thinking of stopping here and starting onto painting. Unless yall can think of some other things to add to her outfit.... :)
    girlyGirl_preview-1.jpg
  • vvonser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She looks absolutely lovely! I love the detail you've put into her knees and back. The boots are also very well done. The flow of the wrinkles on her clothes are good and not too distracting which I see in other sculpts sometimes. Amazing job so far! I do have a few small suggestions before you start painting.

I think the pose for the character is very inviting and enticing, yet her facial expression seems kind of distant. A small smile or smirk would work well, or you can do the "Megan Fox" think and just have her mouth open just slightly, show a little bit of the teeth if you have them modeled.

The hair for the character is a little lacking as well. I can see that the hair at one point was symmetrical and I can see the brush strokes you used to push and pull the sculpt. I think her hair would look much better with a little more definition in the lower half of hair and a little bit of asymmetry.
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Took some renders in Maya of the lady...
    Girly_modelsheet.jpg

Turning my female character's mesh in to a dude. It's been fun :) needs work tho.
    maleModel_preview01.jpg
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    I really like your girl character!! I think her head is huuuuge though xD
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha thanks Jessica!

Yea.... i half way agree with you... but was trying to go for something that wasnt the typical 5'11 female warrior shape. I was going for a short dancer body.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    I'm with Jessica, the head is pretty massive. I know some short dancer types.. they usually have little heads that go with their little bodies.

The male version is looking pretty feminine.. probably because it started out female, too, haha. His head is also disproportionate to his body - due in part to a really long, thick neck that doesn't match the rest of the very petite male body you've got going.

Your characters are pretty good, but I would work on your facial anatomy a bit more, there's something just a bit off about these faces and it's stopping these characters from really popping for me.

These characters are very nice, but to be honest I was much more impressed by the props and such.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    One more vote for smaller head.
  • Noodle!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! polycounter lvl 8
    Very nice high polys for the telephone and gramophone!

I think your hardsurface is great, your anatomy is good. I think that what makes the larger head look odd instead of stylized on the girl is that both the face and body are pretty realistic, and you'd expect a more cartoonified look when the proportions are like that.
    However it's only very slightly too big, we're talking a few percent here. It does like like she's very short though, if her head is that big.

For the faces, I'd say the biggest thing to work on is the planes of the face and especially the anatomy of the eye.
    While I'm no huge fan of mr. Loomis (though I respect his work) there's some great eye reference here:
    http://www.fineart.sk/photo-references/drawing-head-and-hands/049
    not especially the eyelids, how defined and thick they are (though he has obviously simplified it some).
  • lizzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the critiques everyone! I fight for the short body cuz i'm 5'.... SHORT PERSON PRIDE!! >.>

While I make the hard surface stuff for my professional portfolio, I'd like to try to work on more characters stuff in my free time. Always gotta keep growing, right?

Ok So I'm going to make the head smaller on the female, and try and make the eyes feel more realistic, particularly her brow.

While I'm working on this, FEEL FREE TO RIP HER APART! I want this to look GOOD! (i'm putting the dude aside for now, i like to do one project at a time).