Home Technical Talk

n00b mistakes you've made.

Replies

• mLichy
    Working with alot of PSD's, and I forget to save off the PSD to a new one, and modify one I already had setup and hit Save multiple times before I realize....
  • dlx
    IronHawk wrote: »
    Detaching an element to work on it seperate and forgetting I have clone checked , then wondering why I have Z fighting on that section of the mesh.

Or forgetting to Unhide All in sub object mode. Grrrr
  • JohnnySix
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    $!nz wrote: »
    Probably everything in here already posted and especially my hate for:

Bridge must DIE!

So my contribution if not already posted hitting bridge every time by mistake trying to click open file...

Solution:
    LuLz I hated it so much after this post i went to find out how to disable it and all you have to do is rename the folder to Adobe Bridge 4.5 now it's disabled!

SWEET!!!!

OMG, gonna try this! :)
  • mayaterror
    $!nz wrote: »
    Probably everything in here already posted and especially my hate for:

Bridge must DIE!

So my contribution if not already posted hitting bridge every time by mistake trying to click open file...

Solution:
    LuLz I hated it so much after this post i went to find out how to disable it and all you have to do is rename the folder to Adobe Bridge 4.5 now it's disabled!

SWEET!!!!

...holy crap, it freakin' works! God, I hate the Bridge. Now comes the Herculean labor of trying to convince IT to make this tweak on the system image.

What happened at Adobe between PS7 and CS1? Things have been bloated and crapified with each release going back to CS1. And who green-lighted this stupid Bridge idea, was Windows explorer not good enough? IMO most of the new tools are useless, for n00bs, or just replicate functions that were previously obscure tricks. I can't believe how many people are freaking out about these 3D features in CS3+, like it's going to allow them to bypass proper UV unwrapping.