Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Adam Rosengren/modeling&texturing

Braxer
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Braxer polycounter lvl 10
Hi! I'm a student at The Game Assembly, an education for those who want to give up their private life and start to make games practicly :P
I've been modeling for almost two years now.
I've just finished making my portfolio website, and I'm searching for an internship!

Crits would be very useful!!

www.adamrosengren.com

Replies

• downarmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    downarmy polycounter lvl 7
    the valkyrie is awsome i digg it!

Just a little thing work harder on your spec map it would had a lot of details in your models

But good job i really really like it!
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Really clean layout and presentable stuff Braxer.

As for the props however, I personally think objects that that tend to sit outside and exposed in an environment (AC, trolley etc) shouldn't have so little wear on them. The AC looked a little too pristine.

The panes on the generator doors (Image right of the AC) seems flat and monotone, any chance to maybe dent it up a bit?

Also, it wouldn't hurt if the LCD stand had a couple of extra edges to accentuate it's roundness.

Overall stuff's awesome, I think the props would look better off when you have a section or full FPS environment for them.
  • Asteric
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Portfolio wise, i think that the link to game projects should be more organised, there seems to be loads of info and images on one page, and gets a bit confusing. Maybe a good idea would be a page that has image links to each individual game project, on its own page, or use a lightbox.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    Good start for a folio, and stop whining! You game assembly guys always complain about your lack of spare time when I meet you :P

The layout was a bit messy though. Didnt like that I jumped to the middle of a page full of loading images when I clicked one of your links, I was expecting to be taken to a separate page. :P Also: put your website-adress on all your images aswell, that way people can find you easier if they save/send the images and forget the adress of the site.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Looks pretty nice, don't care as much for the characters though your hard-edge and prop stuff looks really great though. And the floating island was pretty awesome. Looks like the game assembly is a pretty good place to learn.

Still some days left before you can't apply anymore, might send my stuff in. Anyhoo really nice work.
  • Braxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Braxer polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks for the crits guys! Very appreciated. I will think over what you've said and see what I can do about it!

Snefer, I guess it's because the scool projects take so much time, and we have to work on stuff that we don't really want to, and the things doesn't get enough time to be portfolio-representable ^^

Chrisradsby, thanks!
    It's a nice school! You can learn a lot about working in projects and so on here!