Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Horned Reaper - C&C + tips sought after!

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Jarvgrimr polycounter lvl 10
Been working on this dude for a couple days... and I've reached the point where I need an outside opinion. I know the edge loops aren't great and there are some incomplete bits, but there's something off overall and I can't grasp it.

If anyone has inclination to gimme a rundown of what they reckon. C&C wanted badly and any tips or links to tutorials about edge looping and poly flow would be really good too!

At the moment I am getting through it but I find I'm just adding polys and deleting them over and again, until I just hit something that works. I'm hoping to get this done by Sat eve so I'm hoping for a more... educated approach :)

Thanks dudes!

example04.th.jpg

example01.th.jpg

example02.th.jpg

example03.th.jpg

Replies

• Unleashed
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    i assume you are basing it off of the DK2 version of the horned reaper(always preferred the original), looks pretty good so far, i think his horns could be a little longer, and dont forget about the armour/accessories he has
  • Jarvgrimr
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarvgrimr polycounter lvl 10
    Yup I'm basing it off the DK2 Reaper! :)

Been having a bit of a time with getting the head right... here's where I'm at now.

example04.th.jpg

example03.th.jpg

example02.th.jpg

example01.th.jpg

Any thoughts? I've been tryiing to work out how the poly flow would go on his face... but damn it's an odd face. Heh, any tips would be greatly appreciated!
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Hey! Looking cool. I always enjoyed this series of games.

It would be good to know what your plan is for this character. Is this for a high poly sculpt? Lowpoly with normals? Diffuse only? You're asking questions about topology, specifically on the face, yet you havent posted the wires for the face.

Please, answer those questions, then show us the model, front, side, 3/4 view in faceted mode with wires on. It'll help us to help you.