Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cleavage and Catsuits

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
Sometime last year I entered the Secret Agent contest over at CGTalk. That didn't go so hot. I never finished my entry and it laid stagnant for a long time.

Well, now I'm back and so is this.

There were a lot of things I was really unhappy with when I last worked on this, so I've rebuilt large chunks of the agent model and I'm going to be changing the composition of the final image fairly significantly.

This is what the image looked like when I last worked on it. I'm going to change a lot of things, I think. I recently spent a lot of time in Florence Italy, so I'm probably going to transplant it there because there are some cool landmarks I'd like to include in the final image. I think it'd be neat to have it in a recognizable setting.

I'd like to give off a bit of a retro vibe with the designs of the motorcycles and helicopters and such, so I'm going to be basing them on designs from the fifties and sixties. The motorcycles are going to be cafe racer-type bikes.

e5JWg.jpg

And here's the updated agent. She still needs a lot of work, but this is closer to what I want than she was before.

Also, she has bigger boobies than she used to. Boobies are key.

7iTNq.jpg

lkYJ6.jpg

Any crits, comments or whatever are welcome. I'm looking to make a decent portfolio piece out of this, so any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• BigErn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigErn polycounter lvl 11
    I like it! I await more updates but I like the look of things! Reminds me of Bolt which I think is a good thing, but a plus is the sexy lady :D
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice. i like where it is going.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing this woman's cleavage next to your posts... though it's been a little weird since you changed the head.

I think she'd benefit from defining her pubic bone more, right now it's just kind of a, uh, gap between her legs.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BigErn:
    That motorcycle chase in Bolt was definitely a big inspiration, so it's cool that it comes through even in this state.

Josh_Singh:
    Thanks!

Ferg:
    I changed up the avatar just for you, Ferg. I intend to give her a bit more definition in a couple of areas, but probably only through sculpting now. I want to keep her low-res enough that it'll be easy to pose and sculpt her without having to engage in whatever the polygon version of pixelfucking is.

I couldn't resist playing around a little with the model and some shaders:

gbwBJ.jpg

There are some smoothing issues on her boob I need to take care of and I should probably consider adding a zipper one of these days, but whatever. Priorities right now are her hair and making sure her eyes are constructed to get the right kind of highlights. After that, I'm going to put some work into refining the model for the goons that are going to be chasing her on motorcycles.
  • cadyw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boobie fixation aside, she's pretty appealing! I would say from a feminine perspective: her ass shouldn't have that much of a wedgie, her boot heels look too tacky austin powers costume party, her choker looks dangerous, and her hair bun is a little wonky in shape and position. her smile is a little scary too. but well done, she's a cool character!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice swiz!

I'm glad the creepy guy is gone from your avatar...
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boobies: Well, yeah, okay, I suppose the suit is pretty revealing and unzipped pretty far. I guess. Maybe.

Wedgie: Fair enough. I just hadn't changed the shape from the sans-catsuit version. I actually just copied the body and thickened it a little to make the suit, so I guess a wedgie would be the expected outcome.

Heels: Tacky Austin Powers costume party is the point, to be honest. I'm aiming for something extremely cheesy, so the more cliche I can make it, the better. Well, not cliche to the point of breasts larger than her head or a metallic bikini or lens flares and greebles, but still pretty cliche.

Choker: Perfect.

Hair: The hair's so unfinished it's not funny. I'm going to be modeling a lot more of the hair strip things to wrap around and stuff, so it should be looking better soon.

Smile: Yeah, I'm there with you.

Vig: Be careful what you say. He hears everything.
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    I really like the style here, but the skin going from her cheek that is her ear is a little odd. This was probably intentional but still odd. Keep it up dooood!
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    this is hot shit. very clsoe to an Increadibles style. she needs sexy spy glasses (check out NOLF!!!)
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very "Incredibles" looking which is cute I think. I might make her breasts a bit larger to go with her wide hips but I guess that's a personal preference haha.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Wide hips + smallish boobs actually is a great combo, once you try it out!
    I encourage everyone to try it :P
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    I'm a fan of smallish boobs and wide hips

I think the main problem with the smile is it looks localised to the mouth area so it looks like she's faking it. genuine looking smiles are pretty tough, but it helps if you work on the way the whole face moves and not just the eyes and mouth.
    its important to maintain the volume in the cheeks too so they puff out slightly when the mouth corners move up. but i guess thats more of an animation thing..
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Hot proportions!

^_^

Planning on doing some Mental Ray SSS with her?

:D
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita:
    I, uh, am not entirely sure what you're saying here.

man_o_mule:
    Sexy spy glasses might be cool, but I'm not sure about it. I want everything to be as absolutely readable as possible, and I think adding glasses might muddy things a little. We'll see.

n88tr:
    I've considered making her breasts even bigger, but I think they'd just look absurd. And hey, what're you going to do with much more than a handful, eh?

pior:
    Are you... making an offer?

aniceto:
    Agreed on all counts about the smile. I was mainly just playing around with the model and seeing how well it might deform, but I've been looking at some references and pulling verts around a little, so maybe it'll be better now.

JacqueChoi:
    No MR for me; I'm using Modo for this. I do have pretty good control over the SSS, though, so you're definitely going to see some in there. There's actually SSS in the previous image, but it's not very noticeable. Once I actually get to texturing instead of just playing with straight shaders, things should start looking nice.

I screwed around with this a little more today, so hopefully it looks better/less creepy. I tweaked the SSS a little, but I dunno if it actually looks better. Whatever; this image is just for fun while I work on other stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and I added that one extremely important detail... the zipper! Now everything is right in the world.
    vdEqN.jpg

Here's what the goons chasing her on the motorcycles are going to look like. I'm considering doing a couple of variations so I can use them for other images as well, but that's all up in the air at the moment.
    xQ5Xl.jpg
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    this is great.. I dig the proportions and the shader work you've got going.

My one and only thing I'd say about the female is her face seems a bit squished to me, like someone took a shovel to it when she was young. Maybe pull out the nose and add a bit more curve to the front of her face. Other than that though its AWESOME. (and if that was harsh it wasn't intended to be, just mho...) That may also have been what you were going for - if so disregard.

Great work. keep it up!
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Looking great Swizzle! Characters have a great style to them
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I definitely agree. Her face is way too concave. It's actually one of the things that's been bothering me for a while and I haven't known exactly which parts to pull around yet, but I'm certainly going to fix it.
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    i think her boot needs more form. It looks too straight/flat on the inside of the foot
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    Nice scene overall. I like the style you've worked out so far.

Concerning your Spy-Girl I think that her facial expression, more precisely her smile is not as I would expect it to be: Her expression is some kind of evil. At the moment I would expect her to be the nemesis or rival of the mainchar.

I'd rework her smile: The lower theeth row should be more covered for a friendly smile. Also her eyes and eyebrows suggest some anger or crazyness.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    ha! looks cool so far! :)
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442:
    I adjusted the boot a little, so things should look a little less wonky there.

Slave_zero:
    Thanks for the crits! I'm not going to be using this smile image as anything more than screwing around with shaders and stuff, but this is still useful advice. I'm going to be using her for a couple more images, probably, so I'm going to keep this in mind.

rollin:
    Thanks!

I've started blocking in the motorcycle for the goons. I'm not much of a mechanical/hard surface modeler, so things are going slow. The model is based on the Norton Triton motorcycle, though I'm taking some liberties with the details. I don't intend to make an exact copy, and a lot of the more detailed areas like the engine are going to be drastically simplified to suit the cartoony look, but the overall silhouette should remain fairly similar.

UNBW5.jpg
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Looking awesome, Swizzle. Love the body shapes you've got going on. That bike is a great choice, too. It'll be fun to model up.
  • doeseph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doeseph polycounter lvl 7
    That bike is going to look shweet, I can feel it :) The girls face creeps me out a bit though, but then I see boobies and it's all good.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    very cool man :)

love the generic bad dude mesh especially.
    For some reason i liked the chick right before you changed her facial expression... somthing seems a little different about it outside of the neutral expression :P

hope you got updates coming soon dude ^^
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    This thread is relevant to my interests :D

I love it all except the chicks eyes... Theres just something about them, I can't decide if its the scale, the angle, or the brightness, but they just dont fit the art style to me...?