*insert vagina my axe picture*
, my first proper thread here, with a model and such.
Looking through some threads
I came across this
artist, loved the axe and thought it looked simple enough even I could make it. It's my first real attempt at hard surface modeling, I've used turbosmooth with smoothing groups info extensively (thank you Racer) and I've tried using as little floating geo as possible (got lazy near the end with the bolts and such..)
Anyway, enough babble, pictures:
Concept, belongs to shimmering sword
Hipoly render, 5 million quads
HP, no turbo:
HP,no turbo, wire:
Aware of the blade part being longer, kind of felt it was too short in the concept to make any serious viking-damage, so made it longer.
Going to make a low poly and attempt a good
normal and AO bake, but before I do that I want some comments on how well I've translated the concept into 3D, if I've done some horribly dumb issues regarding the HP mesh that will look terrible in a bake etc. Any relevant critique is helpful, butcher this axe!