Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP]Cowboy

hey, as suggested in the working on 2010 topic I started this thread to show and hopefully get some crits for my cowboy

ncow3.jpg
ncow2.jpg
ncow1.jpg
wire2i.jpg

Replies

• ES_139
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey dude,
    your wireframe is really difficult to tell whats going on just leave the mat and put the wireframe on. What software are you using, without meaning to sound rude its obvious you are quite new to character modeling have you looked at any tutorial dvds? im not much of a character artist myself but i would recomend looking at this one Ian Joyner character modeling also i found the freedom to teach dvd really useful too but they dont seem to sell that anymore??? (although if your new to 3d applying the techniques to your software may be a bit overwhelming if your not using maya)

As for your model its really lacking any kind of definition, everything looks quite flat and mis proportioned, take a look at some tutorials and see how they build the form of their characters with a small amount of polys and then develop those forms into a more detailed mesh. stick with it mate!!
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cant read that wireframe at all man, put on wireframe on shaded.