Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Does there any software or application can reduce a high-poly into a low-poly exsit?

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
guangh69 polycounter lvl 13
I want to reduce a high-poly into a low-poly for level of detail use. But I do not know how to reduce. When I was reducing,the topology was be destroyed every time. Does there any software or application which can reduce a high-poly into a low-poly automatically in the world? Thank you very much!

Replies

• Daniel Doerksen
    no well enough to use in game, max has optimize udk has LODs in the mesh editor, but you will want to learn to do it properly, if u wanna get anywhere
  • guangh69
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry! I posted in a wrong place,please delete this post. I plan to post to the tectical talk originally. This is my mistake. I forgot to change the page.
  • guangh69
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no well enough to use in game, max has optimize udk has LODs in the mesh editor, but you will want to learn to do it properly, if u wanna get anywhere

Thank you very much for your answer. I am not acquaintance with game now. I do not know why there are so many buildings and peoples in the game but computer performance is fast. When I was modeling just one model would make my computer's performance slow down. Sometimes is too slow. So I thought it is maybe because level of detail.