Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

StarCraft 2 C-14 Impaler Gauss Rifle

Replies

• Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    For the seams it was a combo of things, some of the seams were hand modeled and a lot of the others were just turbo smoothed separate models next to eachother. Some areas would have been better with floating geo but I just hand modeled a lot of it for some reason ha

Mostly simple cuts like this or just 2 models butted up against eachother did the trick.

jhys.jpg
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting paint and decals on it, still have more planned but this is where its headed. Red arrows are looking half invisible for some reason, need to figure out why.

gaussRifle_wip7_zps4cf88288.png?t=1390897477
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished this guy up this weekend and happy with how it turned out. This project took WAAAAAAAY to long and I kept dropping it and picking it back up ha. Glad to finally have it finished. Big thanks again to Wes (wester) for the paintover of the FPS view that helped me figure out how to make a cooler FPS view.

vaccaroAnthony_starcraft_01.jpg

vaccaroAnthony_starcraft_04.jpg

vaccaroAnthony_starcraft_03.jpg

vaccaroAnthony_starcraft_02.jpg
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Looks great! Though the pin up with the message really doesn't work well. If you are going to keep it I would put some wear on the image and writing to match the wear level of the gun.
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    yup - came here for this - image on the gun looks a bit off
    But its a great gun and nice presentation!
  • chriszuko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chriszuko polycounter lvl 12
    Yea she needs to be dirtier.. . . ..
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys. As for the pinup not fitting I disagree, I think its a total StarCraft Marine thing to have a pinup style wise. I do agree that it could be scratched off/aged more and not being a 2d master I could never do a great pinup and this is the best I could do ha :) I wish I could draw haha

Here is another view, an Iron Sights view as I was asked for what it looked like aiming down the barrel. PEW PEW!

At work all these images look darker than I would like, but at home they look perfect. I have no clue which monitor is correct ha. So hard to judge these things.

vaccaroAnthony_starcraft_06.jpg
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Problem about the pinup is that there's not a Vargas-styled pinup, it's just a photograph. And it's still too clean, the sticker.

Other than that, I think you more or less nailed everything. I'm personally making a C-10 rifle, so this is a huge inspiration for me.