Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

MP5RAS - finished :)

Replies

• Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Such a great looking gun Lonewolf, looking a ton better then before.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Nice! Though I must say, this Render>Clouds background is not exactly attractive. :v
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Text, logos, drop shadows, clouds, they are getting a bit busy and too much.

Just a simple logo text url combo in the corner would be better.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    lol ok ok :P

fixed that annoying seams qfixy.jpg
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    11484551.jpg

another quick one
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Oh yay, you're doing realtime! Definitely an improvement, I felt your rendersettings were carrying it too much before you went realtime.

for the AA you could try the grabviewport script I host on my website. it's just a macroscript that allows you to grab up to 5000px wide; if you resize that you get great AA.

edit: oh and another tip, typing "timeSlider.setVisible off" and "trackbar.visible=off" into the maxscript listener hides the animation time bars, great for dudes that don't animate, like me and you probably.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    gr8 stuff wolf
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Oh yay, you're doing realtime! Definitely an improvement, I felt your rendersettings were carrying it too much before you went realtime.

for the AA you could try the grabviewport script I host on my website. it's just a macroscript that allows you to grab up to 5000px wide; if you resize that you get great AA.

edit: oh and another tip, typing "timeSlider.setVisible off" and "trackbar.visible=off" into the maxscript listener hides the animation time bars, great for dudes that don't animate, like me and you probably.

thanx alot for the shader and help dude, i like that suff

im just a noob when it comes to those scripts, how do i do it exactly?

:o
    shotgun wrote: »
    gr8 stuff wolf

thanx bro
  • AlecMoody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master

when did you write that script? I have still been shooting multiple frames and stitching in pano software.

The gun looks boss right now. One thing though, you might change the option for 'use hard type fresnel mask' It looks like its on right now and I think it does a little too much of a outlining effect for something like this.
  • Chclve
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf:
    http://www.laurenscorijn.com/viewportshaderfaq
    Third one from the bottom explains the grab script.
    The animation hide stuff you just enter into the pink text box at the bottom left in max, above the white one.

Alec; I didn't write that, Ravenslayer did. Apparently you can only access highres viewport stuff through script.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    For someone just getting into sub-d it's an inspiring bit of work no question. And for someone who's shot a FA MP5 it looks damn well put together too :)
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul: Can that actually grab sizes beyond your screen resolution? I have a relatively small screen, and while I much prefer realtime grabs, even in expert mode I'm not getting the sizes I want (and certainly not enough to resize for aa, as I'd like to do)
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What about enabling AA in Max? I read somewhere you could force it through the NVidia Control Panel just like you would for a game (if you have an NVidia card of course), but it didn't work for me.
  • Pavel Petrenko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pavel Petrenko polycounter lvl 8
    Another great work from Lonewolf! Textures looks very detailed!
    Keep it up!
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Really nice work man
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyPea wrote: »
    Xoliul: Can that actually grab sizes beyond your screen resolution? I have a relatively small screen, and while I much prefer realtime grabs, even in expert mode I'm not getting the sizes I want (and certainly not enough to resize for aa, as I'd like to do)

Yes. 5000px max. A shitty graphics card will fail before that though.
    What about enabling AA in Max? I read somewhere you could force it through the NVidia Control Panel just like you would for a game (if you have an NVidia card of course), but it didn't work for me.

Only in Max 2010 and upwards. 2009 has no AA whatsoever. And the highres>resize method is better anyway.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only in Max 2010 and upwards. 2009 has no AA whatsoever. And the highres>resize method is better anyway.

Yeah, I think I read that too, I use 2010 but still no dice. I'll try to play with it a bit later, maybe changing to OpenGL then back do DirectX, I don't know.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Very nice texture work! Are you using Xoulil's Max Shader?
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I think I read that too, I use 2010 but still no dice. I'll try to play with it a bit later, maybe changing to OpenGL then back do DirectX, I don't know.

Oh yeah you gotta set it inside Max there. The overriding only works in 2008 and older.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE wrote: »
    Very nice texture work! Are you using Xoulil's Max Shader?

yea :D

its some good stuff excited.gif
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeah you gotta set it inside Max there. The overriding only works in 2008 and older.

God dammit it worked! I had NO IDEA there was even an option right there, I knew you could AA wireframes since god knows what version but I didn't know they implemented AA.

With that out of the way, what's all the fuzz with rendering beyond the screen resolution for AA if it can be done this easily? Or is it for some other purpose I've missed?
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its too bad the AA in the viewport is a bit jagged, but damn this thing looks beautiful, and that it looks that good in realtime too.

I really hope you post some textures at some point, or even better, some tutorials on the texture. I love the way the specular makes it really look like metal, and so unquestionably too.