Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] VV-10 Combat SMG

LuckyNinja
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
LuckyNinja polycounter lvl 11
Thanks to MoP and Vig for helping me sort out shadows, allowing me to make this.

Hotlinked due to massive (1500 * 1765) size

This is only the low-poly. I'm currently modelling the high-poly (although I won't be able to start any more work on it till Monday, and all critique would be welcome.

Basically despite it being named, the final model will be a free download for anyone to use, so its actually named the inspiring "Gun_NearFuture_SMG01"

Replies

• LuckyNinja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuckyNinja polycounter lvl 11
    For the actual art, it looks pretty good so far, although I think the clip would look better under the barrel. Having it off to the side makes it look clunky and unbalanced.

Thanks SasoChicken. I just wasn't sure where to fit the magazine if I were to place in underneath. Also, I'm a massive fan of side-mounted magazines (sterling smg / fg42)

I'll do a bit of experimenting (although I've already started a bit of work on the high-poly)
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Looks a touch thin for some reason, especially when you consider the size of the ejection port (presume it's cartridge rounds coming out), I don't think it would be thick enough to even house normal shotgun rounds. Apart from that it's a really good start.