Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Quake Vehicle

Hi, this is a vehicle im working on from Paul Richards concept art. Im still working on the engine/front suspension area and the interior cockpit. I havnt found an insignia to use yet, but i will include one. Theres a few lights missing as well that iv still got to put on. This is going in my portfolio, it differs from the concept in some areas i dont know whether thats good or bad any input would be good!!

Concept:

quake4_vehicle11.jpg

High Poly:

hp_01.jpg
hp_02.jpg
hp_03.jpg

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Nice start. Seem some bad smoothing in areas.

As far as differing from the concept I think you should go back to the tires from the concept as they seem much more interesting and fitting for this vehicle.

There are a few other areas that would be nicer if you followed the concept more closely. Sorry I don't have time for a paint over.
  • Thor Sowards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it alot so far, good job! you stayed pretty true to the concept in most areas. I do like the tires in the concept better though, they look like they could really go off to BFE with it. If you stuck with your tires though I'd give em a bit more love. That turret on top of it is different from the concept but it works anyways so more detail on it would be cool to see. More stuff of how the whole thing was assembled like nuts, bolts, welds etc, would help it out too

Big concern I do have about it though is how do you get into it? Looks like the door would flip up but if you tried to open the door it would get stuck on the stuff right outside of it making it pretty hard to get into it
  • ES_139
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the opening is kinda weird i had to make it up, the gun lifts up and then the cockpit can open as well ive got it setup ill show a render of it at a later stage.

so change the tyres, ill have a look at that. which bits have i not followed it closely jesse moody your eye would be much appreciated!! where are the bad smoothing areas? i had problems with the front wheel arch and there are smoothing issues with the windows but theyr just place holders at the moment. nuts and bolts will also be added in time once iv finished the other areas like the engine and cockpit i agree it looks a bit bare at the moment.
    Thanks for the comments!