Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Texturing Work

I've only recently --finally-- started doing some of that texture work that's so popular with the kids these days, and wanted to post them up to see what words people think of when they see them. Feel free to comment on the model as well if you like. They are preliminary textures without any shading of any sort. 2D is not really my area of expertise, nor do I claim that the realm of 3D is. First, second, and third are 966 tris, while the third is 1002.

Will post them in the order I created them. Can probably see a progression of "skill". I've also included the untextured model along with wire and silhouettes.

Few questions for those that may know: (opened with statements) These are for a tactical rpg game that is being made directed towards XBLA/Community Games area. The first, second, and third all use the same model. The third is altered a bit to give some volume in the breasts area (is a girl) and to have geometry for the material hanging from the front and back (also has a bit of geometry for long hair coming through the helmet -- unseen). Finally to the question part: How much, if any, does it affect memory if I were to try and use the same mesh compared to if they were different by small amounts (ie. the 4th character has small antennas protruding from the side of his helmet).

sleet.png
thebraver.png
amaryllis.png
atomou.png
blankh.png
blankwires.png
silhoette.png
silhouettesorthospinaro.png

Replies