Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragophant? & rider!

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Adam Curtis polycounter lvl 16
Started a new project based off a concept I did a loooong time ago. Think I put it in one of the sketch threads that was here a while back. Its an elephant dragon (dragophant? elegon?) and it's rider.

phunk.jpg

Ive started on the rider first, nearly got him ready to be sculpted on. Theres a few placeholder things and other bits that need adding. As you can see the armour style and general feel between rider and dragon are different - i've decided to take it more 'persian war elephant' style and less lord of the rings.

After ive got the rider good and ready for sculpting think i'm going to block out the dragon next and do some paintovers to come up with another concept I'm happy with and which fits better!

basewip_001.jpg

^So here's what I have so far, I tested the mudbox2011 turnaround render so Ive put the resulting vid up on youtube. Updates to come soon! Comments/ideas etc welcome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMsHZcDMfY[/ame] (view in hd!) Oh ye, can someone tell me how to embed the video within the post? :( Edit - Magic, it does it automaticaly!

Replies