Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some Random Tough Dude Bust

A quick anatomy and sculpting exercise on Zbrush. Day n half for modeling and another day n half for setup and render.
Modeled on Zbrush from a basemesh and rendered on Maxwell Render+some Mentalray.
I 've spotted some anatomy flaws after the render:poly117:, but didnt want to invest more time on this piece.

Critics and feedback always welcomed. :poly121:

compfinal.jpg

Replies

• ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    Damn, Spot on anatomy... no crits, excellent!

May I ask, whats your workflow? what brushes do you use to sculpt with? the forms are built up really nice, not looking zbrushy at all. Thks
  • Wayfa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not much really than the usual.. for me, the thing on sculpting is to "think" the volumes yo want to have BEFORE brushing.. we tend to paint paint and see whats coming out of that.. that dont usually works for me. I end up with something odd.

I use mostly standar brush, clay brush, tons of flatten, a lot of soften and for some things, claytubes.
    For the muddy look, used some of the alphas that come with Zbrush by default.

Another important thing, is to go from the biggest to the smallest. Not get caught doing pores when the muscular shapes are unfinished or wrong, thats wasted work.
    Also change the shader a lot.. some hides bumps and other reveal possible issues in the volumes.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    This came out ace! Everything looks pretty slick.
    I guess to be really nit-picky... The ears look a touch low? But it could just be the angle it's rendered. Awesome stuff, mate.
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    i agree, excellent
  • Wayfa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good that you guys like it :)
    This quickstuff is good practice, I should do it again.

Here is a Turntable video, in case someone wants a wider peek.

http://www.vimeo.com/11028071

(no idea how to embed videos here, sorry)