Home General Discussion

Penny Arcade "new hire" episodes

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
Yeah, I know this is not the place to blog, this is only tangentially industry related, there's the awesomeness thread, etc.

But I think these two vids can reveal some practical insights in group interview situations. Maybe it's scripted? I don't know, but it looks real enough to me. Fact that it's penny arcade hq and the presence of a video crew make the process a bit extreme for the candidates, but what I take out of it is keeping cool yourself as well as your interviewers (don't make them doubt as much as possible). And you're still being analyzed as a potential co-worker even after you're through with the formal q & a session (like, when you're taken out for lunch or some such activity with the team).

Episodes 11 & 12:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/112/

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/113/

Replies

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    First time trying to watch any video on penny arcade, its impossible for me.
    I can wacth the first 2:30 of any video, and then it just stops and seems like it buffers for ages... if I leave it "buffering" it takes about 12 minutes to load the next 3 secs, and then freezes for another 12 mins for the next 3 secs.

This pattern is consistent with every video on the site, on chrome, IE and safari - and after clearing the cache on all 3 browsers and rebooting. I even tried to google the episodes to see if theres any mirrors, but there wasn't for these episodes. I also cleared the cookies and all the internet stuff and rebooted my router.

I seem to be the only one having these problems though after several google attempts, so I guess I'm destined to not watch them :p

EDIT: Finally was able to watch them... using the internet browser on my PS3!! First time I ever tried using that browser! It was worth the effort, the way those interviews were handled were interesting, thanks for sharing
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    I can't watch them either. Same thing
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Pretty interesting...seemed Real enough. I just had a job interview at my dream job..and still waiting for a reply. Makes me wonder what they are saying about me around a table..