Home Technical Talk

Maya error. Right click menu non existance

yeah so... was modeling in Maya and uvin and POOF right click stopped working. googled and searched the forums with no luck. please help. this is annoying as hell. Marking menu just wont show up
Edit...
Fuckin num lock...
i can now rest peacefully...
i r noob

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    Nuke your prefs to kingdom come!
    :)

You might consider doing this, just make sure you backup any scripts, shelves, etc. you want to keep. You could just rename the existing prefs folder and start Maya. Then copy from the old one.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Do you see any warning or error messages in the script window when this happens?

I've noticed that the context menus sometimes don't use long (unique) object names for querying nodeType, so the command to build the menu will fail (in Maya 2008 anyway).

You might see a warning saying something like "more than one object matches name", if that's the case then you can get around it simply by renaming the object to something unique.

I'd check this before deleting all prefs :)
  • Synthesizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synthesizer polycounter lvl 11
    I had some weird error where the hypershade wouldn't display anything, so I deleted my prefs and re-add only the important stuff, which fixed the problem. Maya seems to like doing this every so often... Maybe I shouldn't keep carrying over my prefs which originally started with version 4.5 or so :S
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    Sometime happened when Maya is out of memory...

Restart Maya or your computer to purge the memory :D

Or as they already said, preferences get destroyed somewhere :(