Home Technical Talk

MAXSCRIPT post Object Manipulation Callback

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
I was wondering if there is a callback option for objects that have been manipulated (translate, rotate, scale).
there is one for the manipulationmode itself but that only returns when entering or exiting manipulation mode

Replies

• SyncViewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    Hi, as you found out the general event callback system only detects whether the Manipulate Mode has been activated or deactivated, nothing more.

All the events about manipulators are encapsulated into the scripted manipulator itself (see "Scripted Manipulators" in the reference).

Once the Manipulate Mode is active and the currently selected object is eligible for manipulation, in other words, you have defined a scripted manipulator that draws its interface (like the circle around the standard sphere to change the radius), the events like "on mouseMove", "on mouseDown", "on mouseUp" and so on are available to have feedback and modify the current object.

I hope I got your question right and provided some useful info.

Manipulators can be a little tricky, you'll find some useful insight in MaxScript forum on CGTalk (sorry PC guys).
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    tnx for the info syncviews :)
    gonna look in to it right away
  • FortyOne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello. First post here on forum. LOL not that this matters.

What exactly are you trying to callback on?