Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Russian MMA Fighter.

Hello, been on the forums for quite a while checking out lots of other peoples work and decided I should post up something I'm working on.

Creating a Russian MMA fighter for a university project, the main focus is on anatomy. Here are two pictures of the end of the project in zbrush that have been polypainted.

sculpt2-1.jpg

sculpt1.jpg

The eyes were added after in 3ds. I've created a low poly with specular and normal and in the process of getting some screenshots in engine.

Replies

• snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    look at the position of the deltoid.

This reference is not mine, I found it while searching on google.
    pb2dttpz.jpg

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=+t+pose&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&start=0

musc_anterior_8.jpg
  • rumblesushi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The arse area and groin is incredibly odd. It looks like a whole chunk has been carved out of the groin and the bottom of his arsecheeks.

Also - his face looks more Mongolian than Russian, make him look more like Fedor ;)
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonConley polycounter lvl 8
    I am not an expert with anatomy by any means, but even I can spot that the proportions of the character are quite a bit off. Head seems to sit too high (neck too long), legs are rather short and skinny for the torso. Has massive shoulders but the arms then taper and become quite skinny compared to the shoulder.

The face I'd work on an expression. Right now it looks like he is holding in a long over due shit.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Glad to see you posting, all lurkers need to post a whole lot more.

People are right that the anatomy isn't quite there yet but you're coming along. Studying basic anatomy will likely help you through--maybe take a break doing a specific likeness of this MMA fighter in lieu of doing an anatomy study. The more you can understand the commonalities between everybody, the better off you'll be when you approach a specific likeness of a man or woman with an unusual body type. At this stage it doesn't look like you're quite ready to tackle it.

Don't worry about it, it's a good to understand where you are now and what your limitations are, so you can go about expanding them, getting better at it all. Keep posting.
  • JamGeo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers for all the crit guys. It is my first attempt at any anatomy modelling and it can only really get better from here :P I'll continue to post my work on the forums as its a really good place with industry professionals, but enough of the ass kissing.

Again thanks for the crit it is appreciated.