Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Illustrations

Hey there all,
I was on this forum a few years ago, then wasn't and now i am back. I have been making some illustrations for a new small mobile game and would love some feedback!

Also, I have a few more boss' to design and would love to hear any ideas.

Thanks much,
chris powell

http://deadbug.net/REDDWARF.png
http://deadbug.net/SIDEWINDER.png

Replies

• crasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crasong polycounter lvl 13
    Mecha crabtacular! would these be animated as flat 2d sprites? I'm just wondering if some of this detail would get lost on a much smaller screen, but the silhouettes are strong anyway, and the glowing lights would probably help it read better, colour choice is pretty good too, I'd say the red dwarf is a stronger piece, but the sidewinder is badass even from afar.

Good job!
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Wow, those are really cool. Great job with the colour and structure of the machinery. What kind of game is this going to be? i am also interested in knowing how this art will be used. Is it more just for concepts or actual game play (animated sprites as crasong said).
  • Soft_Hands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wicked sick. But eh, is it Eden Industry or Industries?
  • deadbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

These 2 drawings will be used as is in game as 2d sprites.
    We are using Unity and a plugin called Sprite Manager 2 from Above and Beyond Software. Both very good tools.

At the moment we plan to release it for iphone ipod and ipad.

The iTunes app store is inexpensive to develop for, the expensive part is the untiy iPhone licence.

Our small team has actually just released our first iPhone game Attack of the Titans. You can find more about it at www.deadbug.net

Thanks!
    Chris
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    These are awesome, but they seem to lack alot of depth ques,
    when you first look, its hard to tell whats in front of what.
    But good work!
  • Willburforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dig your technique colouring technique on the sidewinder but the red dwarf doesn't look as well done. Maybe lacks depth as mentioned but is cool looking stuff for the 2d sprite route.

Everyone jumps on silouhette but am convinced for vehicles and mechs... equally good designs come from functionality upwards.... these look like anarchy or whatever that program is called... you see what i mean?

Keep at it!