Home Technical Talk

Question on retopology!!

Hi guys,

have a problem and want to ask a question
i started all the model on zspere, i finished the model on zbrush make the retopology on zbrush for each piece separately
is tis way the right way to make retopology for low-poly game?

Problem_03.jpg

i import the model on max to make UVS and i collected all models on one UVS
and export all projects from max to make normal map on xnormal but it appear like wrong shape how can i solve this?

Problem_04.jpg

Problem_01.jpg

Problem_02.jpg

Replies

• East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Yeah, looks like it's not picking up everything.. A few things to try:

- I see you've exported and imported all the low poly models into xNormal, did you also do the same with all of the high poly ones?
    - Try playing around with the scale of the meshes. It's at 1.000 by default, try changing to 10, or 0.1, or 0.001, and see if that makes a difference.
    - Take a look in the 3D viewer in xNormal and see if the high poly meshes match up with the low poly ones. You might not want to have all the high poly loaded at the same time or it will take forever to load.
    - Merge all the low poly meshes into just one mesh. I find that this often gives better results.
  • Neavah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check the scale of the highpoly model in max to your low poly (possibley exporting a lower sub level, if needed). sometimes zbrush likes to export some objects at very, very tiny scale (why, I don't know).

Your max front and rear ray distances are 0.5. Did you use the ray calc. to determine what these values are? (I belive 0.5 is default). If you get an outlandish number you've probably got some scaling discrepencies between the meshes.
  • hijak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks to me like your meshes are not lined up. They have to occupy the same space, so make sure they do, sometimes this happens, as your high poly may be out of scale with the low, or maybe one is just offset x number of units on whatever axis. to be sure open them up in max or something make sure they line up. its ussually a problem with the objects center, like you may have the pivot centered on the low poly, while on the high poly its stuck tot he origin or something.
  • Trappe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I´ve had way more problems with exporting in zb 3.5 than I ever did in 3.1, really hope they fix it for 4.

Like East said, check if your models are aligned and if not, import your lowpoly into zbrush, resize and export again.