Home General Discussion

Polycount 2.0 beta

Replies

• Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    then you have quite a task ahead of you! 8.25 a day now, so you gotta work faaaaster!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    My goal is to respond to every new post, posted.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Maybe not best plan with the impression and reputation you already have.

Just food for thought.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Isnt an april fools joke usually about getting something you DONT want, instead of getting something you DO want?

2.0 skin in theme selection please, I reeeeeaaaaaallly dont like this one, reminds me too much of a windows 2000 theme for blind ppl!
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    I start to be tired in the Technical Section, clicking on a title called "script" something and this is for 3dsmax or another platform than Maya... No way to divide the tech section having one general tech tool?
    One Maya and one 3dsmax, etc...?

When I wake up morning this is one page and half to open ...
    For sure I will close more than half because this is not for Maya and nothing in the title said it...
    Then...

And when I would like to read more about another platform, the Technical section is a dump for that.

I think there are more to do on Polycount than a beautiful design...
    But we already spoke long about it last year, isn’t it?....
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would be cool if that wasn't an april fools day joke and we actually got that new theme. It's better than this boring ol' one. Come on...it is.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    i thought the "fake" 2.0 looked much clearer.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van wrote: »
    I start to be tired in the Technical Section, clicking on a title called "script" something and this is for 3dsmax or another platform than Maya... No way to divide the tech section having one general tech tool?
    One Maya and one 3dsmax, etc...?

When I wake up morning this is one page and half to open ...
    For sure I will close more than half because this is not for Maya and nothing in the title said it...
    Then...

And when I would like to read more about another platform, the Technical section is a dump for that.

I think there are more to do on Polycount than a beautiful design...
    But we already spoke long about it last year, isn’t it?....

I think one of polycounts strengths is that users from all apps often comment in threads that relate to common problems that are not necessarily related to specific apps. A lot of my topology knowledge comes from Modo users, and I probably would have missed out on their wise words of advice had they stuck to their sub-forum.

With app specific sub-forums the incentive to cross pollinate solutions almost dries up. It encourages "camps" and people who have tenancies to radicalize and become fanboi's are indulged. I would rather see users who haven't yet branched out from their app of choice rather than "My app can beat up your apps older brother!"

I think people putting more of a focus on their thread title will help everyone especially those that want to stick to only what interests them.
    It's pretty key for getting help and Adam has made mention of it a few times.
    HALP!!1 = Bad title, no help given.
    Trouble Exporting! = Getting better but still kind of vague.
    UDK/Max export issue, vertex color? = More than likely going to be solved in a few min and it might be a Maya user because they've run into UDK vertex color issues and its not unique to Max.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    It was discussed years ago when the 2.0 theme was the default. The vast majority of users HATED it and through several updates it was brought more into line with the way the old forums looked, as you see it now. It's been debated, a LOT, and it lost.
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Vig wrote: »
    I think people putting more of a focus on their thread title will help everyone especially those that want to stick to only what interests them.
    It might be nice if a system was enforced, just like we've got [PORTFOLIO] threads now in P&P. You could have [MAX], [XNORMAL], [UDK], et cetera.

Also, it's always the Max users that don't even tell their software in the post itself, bloody egocentrics...
  • Krynn72
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skulburn wrote: »
    The april fools (old forum) theme looked horrid, i don't know how anyone liked it more than this. It made my eyes bleed! Bring on the new theme though, can't wait for the actual polycount update!

This. I was surprised reading through this thread that people thought it was real, and that it actually looked better than this theme. It was pretty bad.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Zwebbie wrote: »
    It might be nice if a system was enforced, just like we've got [PORTFOLIO] threads now in P&P. You could have [MAX], [XNORMAL], [UDK], et cetera.

Also, it's always the Max users that don't even tell their software in the post itself, bloody egocentrics...

A system like that would be great. I'm sure most people don't really care but I like to keep things organized and having something like that in place would be just wonderful.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    nothing needs enforcing, people just need to exercise some common sense before posting
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I liked the "Polycount 2.0" theme as well.
    Much less depressing.

At least make it an option...