Home Technical Talk

3dmax weird rotation transform

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
JostVice polycounter lvl 12
since some time i'm having an strange problem when transforming any object...

for example, I create a box, I rotate, in whatever mode (world or view), and unclick. go back to that model, and it says rotation (in the three boxes at the bottom) it say that rotation is 0 0 0... how can that be... I try to write 0 0 0 to get that box to its default rotation and it doesn't work. I rotate it again and the angles that it show are invalid (like they're offset from the last rotation..) and sometimes if I write 0 0 0 there it works (set the rotation to default) but others it does nothing.

What is going on? any strange thing I clicked in the options of 3dmax?

There is any other type to manipulate rotation in 3dmax that is correct, showing the current angle? I made myself a script that shows rotation on button press, but it is not the same. Maybe I might add to set rotation to whatever I write too...

Replies

• r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    change your transform space to local. its probably on world at the moment

i think CTRL-ALT-Rightclick is the shortcut to bring up this Quad menu. its also on the top bar as a drop down.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    change your transform space to local. its probably on world at the moment
    Yep. But I think it should be on world, it sounds like its set to local?
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    i think CTRL-ALT-Rightclick is the shortcut to bring up this Quad menu. its also on the top bar as a drop down.
    Close, its Alt-Right click, in the upper right quad.
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    Still, in world, sometimes I write 0 and it doesn't rotate, and if I rotate a little bit and write 0 0 0 again, it works... very weird..

thanks anyway, I didn't know that hotkey (was using the dropdown menu though)