Home Technical Talk

Shortcuts not working [UVW]

Hey,

I set up my shortcuts for 3dsmax /UVW Unwrap.
I assigned "Q" for Quick planar map. I wrote the keyboard chart. I even deleted the hotkey for the selection tool, but every time i try to use quickplanar map with Q it eventually does nothing or does a "pling" sound (sound only when I'm in the UVW window).

Any help would be much appreciated! =)

Cheers

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried it with Keyboard Shortcut Override on and off?
    http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=65364

The icon looks a little different now, its a little arrow instead of a T.
  • sebi3110
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wuuuhu, thanks a lot !!
    It works perfectly.
    Saved me a lot of time dude =)
  • PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    Don't get me started on Max's hotkey system :P. While clicking the overrride toggle makes that hotkey work, it also disables all hotkeys that are used in the main UI. So you'll constantly have to turn that toggle on and off all the time. Max's hotkeys are context sensitive, so 5 different modifiers or modes will be using the Q hotkey. If you want Q to work no matter what, you need to go through every hotkey menu and delete Q from any commands that use it except for the one you want. That way, all hotkeys will work universally if they can.

I've also found that you often have to save the hotkey file, and load it again in order for the hotkeys to update.
  • AnimeAngel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ya and the hotkey system has only gotten worse with this version 2010. Its great that now viewport controls work on UV selections but so many other hotkeys don't work as a trade off. Hoping they fix it in 2011 but likely they think it is working as designed.
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i can't find where quick plainar map is in the shortcuts list to change it :(
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lloyd wrote: »
    i can't find where quick plainar map is in the shortcuts list to change it :(
    Change the "Group" (not category) to Unwrap UVW. Yea, don't ask what the difference is, I'm pretty sure Autodesk doesn't even know. Considering the new graphite modeling tools are in 4 different places you would think they would know how to use their own organizational system by now.
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW. thats quite funny. i had it on main UI and All commands, silly me for thinking it would be in there!

seems like 3ds is falling apart. with the help of scripts to keep it walking.

Thanks Vig