Home Technical Talk

Quick UV question 3DS Max

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
G-Saviour18 polycounter lvl 12
Hi everyone, heres a quick question that I'm hoping to get a quick answer to :D Basically I UV mapped my character, I then exported it to zbrush as an .OBJ file and then brought it back to Max as an .OBJ file, when I unwrapped it in Max again all the UV edges are open! I've seen someone sometime fix this with one click before, anyone have any ideas of how I can weld all the seams together again, without welding each one individually of course as I need this character finished for tomorrow! Here's a screen to show my problem:

uvprob.jpg

Thanks for the help :)

Replies

• r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    press the edit button in unwrap uvw. select all your verts and right click and select weld selected.
    Keep in mind if you have overlapping islands this could cause problems as max doesnt seem to check if the Texture Verts share a geometry Vert when welding

Edit
    What i wonder is why you dont use your original mesh with the good unwrapping? have you changed to shape of the low poly?

Try loading your old model into the scene selecting it and then selecting the new one.

enter this script and run it
    channelInfo.CopyChannel selection[1] 3 1
    channelInfo.PasteChannel selection[2] 3 1

if your models still share the same topology and vertex orders this will copy the old uv's over.