Home Technical Talk

Wtf is this seam coming from in my textures?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
vcortis polycounter lvl 9
Edit: Fixed it...

Replies

• Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    Why don't you just clone it out? that would take like 8 seconds.
  • rumblesushi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you resize the image before exporting it? Is the texture pretiled or just a single tile?

I've had problems like this before in pshop with repeating textures, it came from resizing and/or pretiling.
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    I fixed it... of course I figure it out 2 seconds after posting this. It's the stupidest thing in the world but photoshop for some reason likes to put a 1 pixel transparent border on 2 sides of your background color when you use the paint bucket tool. So I just had to duplicate the layer and rotate it 180 degrees and flatten it. I have no idea why it does that... but it does. Pretty retarded and for some reason I couldn't paint it out either.

And no cloning wouldn't work.
  • rumblesushi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty sure that's photoshop's AA method when using the paint bucket, and yes it is annoying.
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    I'm glad you fixed it, but way to make a potentially useful thread for others with a similar problem useless by editing the original post. Shame on you, good sir ;)
  • mayaterror
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serves you right for using the Paint Bucket. That's a tool best suited for users of the virus otherwise known MS Paint. Try Alt-Backspace to fill w/foreground color and Ctrl-Backspace to fill w/background. Learn your Photoshop hotkeys, it's the path to mastery of the program.