Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

StarCraft2 Banshee

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Oniram polycounter lvl 17
So i started this vehicle about 3 weeks ago. Been working on it while working on my Colonial 1776 level. Finished them both this week. :D here's the high poly for this guy, the low poly is done with AO and Normal maps but i wont be showing those yet (i had to showcase this today and didnt have time to render full 4k textures like i wanted.. so ill do that on my own time). As always, crits are welcome.

Render.jpg

based on reference below:
http://www.sc2blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/ss41.jpg

Replies

• Willburforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mooi...lekker... very very nice indeed. :thumbup:

design is a bit MASK if you remember, but next gen, nice work

is it front heavy?
  • doeseph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doeseph polycounter lvl 7
    Oh that's cool. It looks as though your cockpit is slightly longer and more narrow than the concept, but other than that you did a fine job modeling. Can't wait to see it textured, and could you please post some wire frames?
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    you should put this in your colonial level as an easter egg or something. I think about going back in time and having machine guns and smart bombs a lot so at least I would think it would be rad to own a batallion of musketeers with a banshee
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and here's my good quality normals and AO on the low poly (straight render to texture, haven't touched up anything yet). Normal, AO and diffuse (and a spec generated from normal with some photoshop filters).. quick marmoset renders. :D

Banshee_Marmoset01.jpg

This one has object space normals checked off in marmoset. i know its not typically a good thing to use on something that will move, but i think its fine for now.
    Banshee_Marmoset02.jpg
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    very nice, looking good :thumbup:
  • Malus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malus polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like you're getting a whole bunch of normal errors on your edges.

Bevel the edges where you can afford it, at the very least try splitting the hard edges UV's.

Looks like you might have some missed ray passes as well so you might want to push the cage a little more.

Cool vehicle though. :)
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah. all those miss checks ill paint out with photoshop. i spent too much time dealing with the cage.. it covers everything so to fix small errors id have to just push it out by a small value.. which i think it would be a waste of time to re-render anyway. so ill just paint over the errors (which is why i rendered the maps at 4k)