Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Ninja + Anims Crits wanted

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
RopRoy polycounter lvl 10
Hello everybody! I want to make a short video about the ninja minutes for 5 - 7 ... I want to show a few pictures and videos))
now working on the texture and correct the animation ... then will work on environment ... ^ __ ^

some pictures...

f9d931762df3d69d35ca2ffad78d.jpeg

4cf5ffca5fd313439d2d5618852d.jpeg

8a04eeb0caa85856cf9435cc03d5.jpeg

efb3f85f1fddccd3fe5639098edf.jpeg

and video...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKnEVbBjQs[/ame]

Replies

• easterislandnick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    easterislandnick polycounter lvl 17
    Hi, I'm not an animator so I'll let some one else crit that. The modelling looks good but overall the model is coming off very bland, he would be fine as a generic bad guy canon fodder character but is he memorable as a portfolio piece? Try adding some colour variation to the cloth, perhaps embroidery or oriental designs. If you want to keep him dark and mysterious then perhaps his clothes could be tattered and show signs of wear. His arms could be bandaged, he could have pouches and hidden weapons? maybe make his clothes black and have a red belt to make him look more iconic?

Its a good model but it lacks wow factor. Also look at the face texture, he's uber pink! There's loads of tutorials about skin texturing on the net! Maybe base him off a real person so he is less bland!

Its a great start.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Don't paint darkness under the chin, that's what the lighting will do for you.
  • griffinax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice model, pretty neat animation.

One thing I noticed is, that when he grabs the ball from the mid air with his right hand, the left stays concrete in the mid-air until he kind of "pulls" it out of that position.

Secondly, when he jumps from the branch to the hang and the landing, the transition of his body seems awkward, it remains almost stiff until he attains his final posture, some flexibility would really sell it.

Pretty nice work though.
    Cheers!