Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Sculpt Sketchbook

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Heorogar polycounter lvl 10
Hey everyone. I am currently working on a new sculpt and I would love to hear your feedback, good or bad :). Right now this head is going to eventually be turned into a cinematic character for my demoreel, and ill be using the Unreal Ed to make a 10 second cutscene.

PS. Paint overs are always appreciated ;)

malehead7.jpg

Replies

• ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Heorogar: Looking pretty good really. So good, in my opinion that I think if you want fair and helpful criticisms you're going to need to post your concept art or reference. Its currently a very competently produced bald frowny man. (video games constantly seem to need those). It seems to be without any high frequency detail currently (pores, veins, small wrinkles and other imperfections).

I think the ear could use a little work as it appears anatomically incorrect, but depending on your goal and final presentation, that may be a non issue. You might also be better served by presenting the model from multiple angles, and if possible under varying lighting conditions. This will help to illuminate any areas that may need work.

Side note: There is an area of the forum that is especially for "sketchbooks". This is a pimping thread to receive critiques on a specific piece. Just call it "bald male head needs critique" or something similar as "Sketchbook" may give the expectation that we're going to see multiple unrelated items.
  • Heorogar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heorogar polycounter lvl 10
    Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah i gotta re work the ear and I gotta get better ear reference. For the head I just winged it from a old female head base that i did a long time ago, so i didnt use much references. For the references I did use I used the Anatomy For Artists book I have laying around.

The model will have hair :) so that way he wont be the generic bald broody guy HAHA. Again thanks a lot for the comment and I will be sure to post an update with some more detail such as wrinkles and pores. This is my second real zsculpt so im still trying to learn the ropes of the app :). Right now the only brushes im familiar with are the move and a clay brushes.

PS. i tried to change the title of the thread and it wont let me change it? i must be doing something wrong :-/