Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need some crits on these basemeshs

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Base meshes as for sculpting? There are triangles and non evenly sized quads.

In general:
    Long torsos.
    Short legs.
    Big back porches and thunder thighs on both.
    Too overly stylized to be base meshes.
    Those boobs could put an eye out.
    There is a lot more detail in the ear than in the mouth, considering one articulates a lot more than the other it would help to put the detail where its needed.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    Hello!
    I'd recommend that you take a look at some human reference photos as well as reading up on some topology literature.
    I'm _definately_ not an expert regarding this subject, but I'd say the hip on the female is too wide, compared to the rest of her body, and her breasts are too pointy. The base shape of them is fine, but it should kind of come together as a balloon (in most cases) at the nipple.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Breast_anatomy_normal_scheme.png

The hip on the male is too thin, and the torso/chest is too wide. You need to bring them closer together, unless you are going for a super hero look.
    Also, the thighs are too wide.

Those are the things that stood out the most to me.
    Keep it up!
  • Bernardo Araujo
    thanks for the feedback :)
    Whats a non evenly sized quad?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    in a base mesh all of the quads should be close to the same size, and you should avoid too skinny of quads, they should be pretty square.

You don't need to go into detail with the parts of the body, just get the right shape and have a smooth edge flow.

33adpc9.jpg
  • Bernardo Araujo
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Vig wrote: »
    Those boobs could put an eye out.

hahahahahaha
  • MegaMoogle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MegaMoogle polycounter lvl 9
    If you want to go for a very stylized look, then it's not too bad, though some areas may be too exaggerated. But if realism is what you're going for you need to model off of photos of real people. The woman's hips are too low, and she looks like she has a natural Madonna thing going on. The thighs look too big in proportion to everything else, but that could just be because of how low her hips are sitting. The man doesn't look awful, but his waist looks too small for his huge torso and legs.

Secondly, if these are models that you intend to rig and animate/pose one day, with the male model especially, you need to focus on your edgeflow and overall topology, otherwise animating these models could be a nightmare, I can foresee a lot of rigging problems in his shoulder/upper arm/pectoral area.