wayne_static_wip.jpg
I plan to take it into Mudbox later on.

Comments and crits are welcome. :)

Replies

• achillesian
  • The Boss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's looking cool, and the anatomy would fit right into a Guitar hero game. However if you are going to use this as a sculpting mesh, you might want to get rid of the triangles around your mesh. When they subdivide, they create three pronged posts which create nasty pinch points as you subdivide further.

Also, it looks like you are using maya, if so go look up the OARelaxVerts script, you can find it on creativecrash.com. It's fantastic for evening out mesh density while keeping the form intact.

Lastly, it looks like the hair is just extruded faces that are sheared from one another. If so, I'm not sure how sculptable that will be. You might be better off just keeping the geometry together and using a plane brush of sorts to separate the levels.

But keep at it, it's a nice base.
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    I´m really having a hard time keeping everything quads. :)

I´m using Max 9 and the hair is more or less just a placeholder.
    I thought about just alphamapping the hair, but I´d really like to know how you guys would tackle this?
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    the arms are too long, the wrists should align with the crotchline. and the fact that the models calves are bigger than the thighs is bothering me a bit. yeah i know its cartoony but still, they adhered to some proportions on their characters