Home Technical Talk

ZBRUSH, BIG NOOBIE QUESTION ABOUT THE CLAY BRUSH

I have been playing around with zbrush 3 for a few months now and I have really taken a shine to using the clay brush to build up my form. I really love it because i can loosely use expressive strokes to build up my basic form. I upgraded to 3.5 rd in the aim to start using zpheres launch myself into character sculpting.

I was aiming to use the same clay brush workflow but then discovered that the clay brush and other variations do not work in a similar fashion to zbrush 3.0's clay brush. :(

Is there anyway that i can recreate the same zbrush 3.0 clay brush in 3.5rd?

sexual favours will be provided for any kind of help, thank you!!!!!! lol :)

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Im more curious in what way do they not work the same? The new brush tool bar options if you know what your after might allow you to tweak them to your need.
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
    ya a lot of the brushes changed significantly with 3.5. it's kind of a hassle, but you just have to play around with the brush modifiers and stuff. they added a shit ton of functionality to most of them, but it takes way more processing power atm to deal with all of it, so you end up getting some inconsistent lines with brushes like standard etc. as far as the clay brush goes, it seems to use some of the planar/trim functions now, so it definitely gives a different result, try using the clay tubes brush without the square alpha.

the best advice i can give overall is to just give up on restoring the 3.1 features you love and just try to love the 3.5 ones :D