Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Scene - Room WIP

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
gibson543 polycounter lvl 13
Hey Everyone, this is my first post here, and I thought I would post my first real attempt to make a very simple child's room environment. It's still very WIP all I've modeled is a dresser, desk, music stand and bed-drawers, as well as blocking out the room walls. I use blender 3d for modeling and Yafaray for rendering. I'm also looking for a paid program that I can easily switch over from blender.

Here is the first render in Yafaray
24l52xk.jpg

Replies

• Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    good start but it is hard to see things on this image.

R u doing it as real-time game assets? It is even hard to say whether this room is low poly or not.
    Considering this is a beginner's work, submitting wireframes would be good.
    If this is real-time environment i would not reccomend using yafray or whatever elce which is not real-time rendering ;)
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes I'm sorry for the poor quality in the render I'll upload a new one soon, and I'm trying to keep everything as low poly as possible the only object that has a pretty high amount of polys is the music stand. And I'm not really a beginner I do have some experiance, I'm not to experianced but I'm not a total beginner. And I am a little noobish on this, what exactly is a real-time environment?
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, here's an update and I think that this newer render should show a bit more.
    ir5352.jpg
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Much better. (render wise to see things)

Now add some Omni's. Also, make sure you have a skylight, and lighttracer on.
    (Play around with the omni's and what not, to get the room properly lit.) =)
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At this point, I really don't pay attention to lighting, right now I'm focusing on blocking out the larger objects in the scene, after I'm done with everything including materials and textures, I will go on to lighting and once I do I will definetly try that.
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, finally got in some real progress C&C always :)
    svkqoh.jpg
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, since no one's posting, I thought I would post another update, here I've added some materials and WIP lighting
    erybro.jpg
  • Eltrex06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WELCOME TO POLYCOUNT!!

not bad at all for just starting out just some thoughts though

you fan blades look a bit short length wise in comparison to the light fixture. could be the angle but i think lengthening them would help out alot

window looks a little low on the wall, also i would make it just a tad smaller or divide that up into a double window

the bed looks a bit low to the ground and the headboard in comparison looks HUGE. Google beds and check out the images you'll see what i mean.

Most wood in the bedroom is gonna be polished so try adding a specular map or adjusting the spec in the material.

i think your unwrapping these right (sorry kinda hard to see, renders are a bit small) if so ide say try to varry up your textures using overlays ect. you shouldn't use the same texture over and over for different objects. ide suggest using differnet textures for the objects. or at least overlaying some other textures/colors on them to give them a more unique sort of look.

also like stated above without wire frames its kinda hard to critique your work besides overall composition and texture work

just keep working on it. its got some real good potential! look forward to you finishing this.
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow thanks for all of the comments I'm definetly going to do ALL of that. And here's the wireframe C&C always
    vqmgk1.jpg