Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Glacial Depot

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Kolgrima polycounter lvl 7
This is a project I decided to start after chatting with one of my mates at work, a self contained FPS environment in unity. I’m starting this thread in the very, very early stages of concept as I want as much feed back as possible. So to begin, I started scratching some ideas out in my sketchbook; mostly random thoughts very loose. I’m now blocking out some of those ideas and brining them together so that I can move on to the high concept paint.

I’m thinking about adding some hoses and pipes to the top part of the hallway piece.

blockedout_hallway.jpg

Cheers

Replies

• Willburforce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well am interested in seeing what you do with unity

i dunno what to say yet... is a start... maybe some colour concepts... and greater than 30 minutes to 2 hours modelling

be nice to see what you do.
  • Kolgrima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a quick update I finally got around to doing paint over for this concept, I should probably note now that updates will trickle in slowly, (insert sob story of not having a life outside of work here). At any rate I plan on doing some modeling soon, possibly so quick repaint first. Feedback is more than welcome.

GlacialDepotHallway.jpg
  • doeseph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doeseph polycounter lvl 7
    looks good so far, nice PO.
  • Kolgrima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok a bit more progress... getting the look closer to the paint over, only one problem, I don’t like where it’s starting to go. I’m beginning to feel it’s a bit too clunky in spots. I’ve added in two notes on what I think are the main spots for me, but I’m thinking pretty much the whole central wall structure is looking too thick where the wall is jointed. So I think it’s time to revise before going any farther. Again any feedback is more than welcome.

rendered_hallway_1_2.jpg
  • Kolgrima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update... simply thinned out the areas I felt were a problem (marked out in the previous image)

rendered_hallway_1_3.jpg